By Noemi Linares Editor-in-chief
Photo by Noemi Linares
Last year, the Scroll offered Starbucks drink recommendations. In this article, we share more of our recommendations.
- Iced White Mocha, sweet cream cold foam, caramel drizzle
- It tastes like regular coffee but the foam gives it a taste of sweetness and so does the caramel.
- Hot Latte, 3 shots of espresso (extra hot)
- This one tastes more like straight coffee because it’s not sweetened like a mocha. (A latte is just espresso and milk.)
- Passion Tea (no lemonade), 5 pumps of raspberry, classic syrup
- It tastes sweet because it includes not only classic syrup but also raspberry. It’s not as sour as the version with lemonade and the taste is more balanced.
- Iced White Mocha, 3 blonde shots, oatmilk, no whip
- It tastes a bit sweet, but not too overwhelming. It’s really good. Even if you don’t like oatmilk, the oatmilk taste isn’t really noticeable. Still, you can always substitute the milk of your choice.
- Triple espresso, blonde shots, 3 pumps of white mocha, 3 pumps of vanilla, oatmilk, cinnamon powder
- It has a very dark but sweet aftertaste. You can really taste the cinnamon and the vanilla all at once, but neither flavor overwhelms the other.
- Vanilla bean, strawberry purée
- Tastes like a strawberry smoothie. It’s sweeter than the “strawberries and crème frap” because it includes vanilla bean powder.
- Pink drink, 3 scoops of vanilla bean powder, heavy cream
- It’s sweeter than a regular pink drink because of the vanilla bean powder and the heavy cream. The heavy cream is a bit sweeter than coconut milk, giving it a sweeter and more flavorful taste.
From left to right: pink drink with 3 scoops of vanilla bean powder and heavy cream; passion tea (no lemonade) with 5 pumps of raspberry syrup and classic syrup; iced white mocha with 3 blonde shots with oatmilk and no whipped cream.